Draft Scoping Information Packet
Previous Environmental Review
The State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQR) Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) examines the potential environmental effects of the Metro Rail Expansion, and where adverse impacts are identified, it discusses measures to mitigate them.
Public hearings were held on February 25 and February 26, 2020 to provide an opportunity to reach the public and solicit input in response to the DEIS. The presentation from the hearings are available on the Public Events page of this website.
In February 2020, federal funding was added to the project, requiring that the environmental review be conducted pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The findings of the SEQR DEIS, the written and oral comments received during the SEQR public hearings, and comments received during the SEQR DEIS document public comment period that ended on March 24, 2020, will inform the development of a new Draft EIS prepared pursuant to NEPA.
- SEQR Draft Environmental Impact Statement, January 2020
- Final SEQR Scoping Document, May 2019
- Locally Preferred Alternative Refinement Technical Report, January 2019
- Metro Rail Expansion Meeting Summary, December 2018
- Metro Rail Expansion Environmental Methodology, December
- Public Participation and Agency Coordination Plan, November 2018
- Traffic Analysis Methodology, November 2018